Date: 5/1/19 4:42 pm
From: Thomas Love <tlove...>
Subject: [obol] McM morning walk
What a difference a week makes! Chilly but sunny, birds were pretty quiet, but our weekly walk around the oak/riparian north edge of Linfield campus this morning produced these FOS: WARBLING VIREO, YELLOW WARBLER, WILSON'S WARBLER, COMMON YELLOWTHROAT, WESTERN TANAGER, BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAK, along with already-arrived/migrating VAUX'S SWIFT, YELLOW-RUMPED and ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS, PURPLE FINCH, HOUSE FINCH, GOLDEN- AND WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS. No flycatchers yet. Residents were also evident, including our first BROWN CREEPER as well as singing BEWICK'S WRENS. No olfactorily-hyped Bald Eagles today.

Most intriguing was a very skittish NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD being harassed by CALIF SCRUB-JAYS high in riparian treetops that we glimpsed in the morning sun before it snuck off east/downstream.

Yamhill County's largest CAMAS patch is heading rapidly toward full bloom.

Tom

Join us on Facebook!