Date: 5/1/19 3:57 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Northern Waterthrush, Western Wood-Pewee (Ocean Park, WA)
Western Wood Pewee has only been detected by myself 3 times in 26 years at
our Coast Range property. One on the east side of Mt Tabor this a.m. FOS
for most of us, but Em had one on the weekend. Olive-sided Flycatchers were
on Mt Tabor already last Wednesday. That puts both Contopus ahead of my
personal chronological expectations. Empidonax numbers have been way up
compared to my past personal experience on both Tabor and Oaks Bottom
birdsong walks this week and last. Previous years l recall 2 or 3 Empids in
as many hours. This year there have been 6-8 Empids per walk.
It seems like a late spring to me. Potato planting was a month late
on the Eastside. Morel harvest is decidedly delayed. But there were Hermit
Warblers and Pacslope Flys on territory at my house the Monday after
Easter.lpn