Date: 5/1/19 3:17 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [obol] Midweek migration
Hoping to catch a little migration magic I headed out to Sawyer Park this
morning. Due to time constraints I only birded the middle section of the
park. There was some movement, but it sure didn't make me forget about what
people have reported about the coast in the last few days. Only two species
had above average numbers - Hammond's Flycatcher, at least 5, some posing
nicely, and MacGillivray's Warbler, my first of the season, and there were
four of them. I didn't see any of the Gray or Dusky Flycatchers that have
been reported from there in the last 3 or 4 days. The warbler movement was
slow. In addition to the Macs, I had one Orange-crowned, 1 Wilson's and 2
Yellow-rumps. As of 3pm the wind is still out of the NW. Hopefully the
switch to the southwest will happen soon and the flow will pick up.

Here's the full list of what I saw:

Canada Goose 2

California Quail 2

Mourning Dove 2