Date: 5/1/19 2:43 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Wed morning, Eugene
Skinner’s Butte on a beautiful morning. Migrant species were not in large numbers, except for the tanager flock. There was a conspicuous lack of finches, except for the few Lesser Goldfinches. We joined a small gathering of birders including Matrayas (apologies for spelling) who had an Olive-sided Flycatcher isolated on a dead snag. The oriole was reported by another.

Vaux’s Swift small group, about 10
Anna’s Hummingbird 3
Rufous Hummingbird 1
Turkey Vulture 7 singles
Sharp-shinned Hawk 1 brief look before it darted through the forest.
Red-tailed Hawk 1 soaring
Downy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
Olive-sided Flycatcher 1
Western Wood-Pewee 1
Hammond’s Flycatcher 1
Dusky Flycatcher 1
Picific-slope Flycatcher 1
Cassin’s Vireo several
Warbling Vireo several
Steller’s Jay obvious
California Scrub-Jay 2
American Crow few
Tree Swallow few
Violet-green Swallow few
Black-capped Chickadee 8
Bushtit several pairs
Brown Creeper 1
House Wren 1
Bewick’s Wren 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
American Robin 8
European Starling few
Cedar Waxwing about 10; small flock on Madrone tree
Lesser Goldfinch few; heard more than seen
Spotted Towhee 8
Chipping Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 1
Lincoln’s Sparrow 3
Bullock’s Oriole 1
Orange-crowned Warbler most noteworthy, heard singing most of the time
Yellow Warbler 1 beautiful male
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1
Black-throated Gray Warbler 1
Wilson’s Warbler 5
Western Tanager 20+
Black-headed Grosbeak 6, including 1 fem.

Randy Sinnott, Judy Franzen, Scott McNeeley, Ellen Cantor, Jim Regali, Tom Cable, Sylvia Maulding, Chuck Thomas, Kit Larsen, Steve Dignam, Sue Hutchinson, Jan Lichenstein, Rachael Frieze, Jim Mitchell, and Larry McQueen (apologies if I did not include everyone)

Join us on Facebook!