Date: 5/1/19 10:26 am
From: 'Fred Shaffer' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Marsh Wren, Wilson's Warbler at Schoolhouse Pond
Between my morning walk and my lunchtime walk around Schoolhouse Pond, I've tallied 62 species for the day with highlights including a singing Marsh Wren in the morning and a singing Wilson's Warbler at lunch.  The Wilson's Warbler was singing along the backside of the pond just off the paved trail. And, I believe that I've seen or heard a half-dozen or slightly fewer Marsh Wren at the pond over the years, so it was a nice surprise as well. Other migrants present included Prairie Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler, and a Blue-headed Vireo.  Shorebirds continue to work the mudflats in decent numbers, with species present including Lesser Yellowlegs, 1 Greater Yellowlegs, Solitary Sandpipers and a few Spotted Sandpipers.  Good birding,
Fred ShafferCrofton, Anne Arundel