Date: 5/1/19 8:58 am
From: Chris Kubiak <ckubiak...>
Subject: May 1 Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve. Allegheny Co.
All,

Seems like the dam that has held up the migrants has finally given way,
as we found a number of great birds today on ASWP's free Wednesday
walks. We start at 9am in Beechwood farms Nature Reserves parking lot.
After what had been up to this point a slow spring, we found 12 species
of warblers and the following birds at Beechwood today:

Northern Parula (FOS-3)
Yellow-throated Warbler (1)
Tenneesee Warbler (FOS-2)
Blackburnian Warbler (FOS-2)
Nashville Warbler (FOS-1)
Palm Warbler (1)
Black-throated Green Warbler (3)
Common Yellowthroat (FOS-1)
Ovenbird (1)
Yellow-Rumped Warbler (5)
Hooded Warbler (FOS-2)
Black and White Warbler (1)

Least Flycatcher (FOS-1), Indigo Bunting (FOS-1), Wood Thrush (FOS-1),
Scarlet Tanager (FOS-1), Baltimore Oriole (FOS-1), Rose-breasted
Grosbeak (2, Ruby-crowned Kinglet (3), House Wren (1), Blue-Grey
Gnatchatcer (4 with one pair on a nest on Goldenrod Trail), Chimney
Swift (1), Cooper's Hawk (1), Red-shouldered Hawk (2-sitting on nest at
Beechwood's pond, Eastern Blue birds (2), and Eastern Phoebe (1). Still
decent numbers of White-throated Sparrows.

Chris Kubiak
Director of Education
Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania
(412-963-6100)

Connecting people to birds and nature since 1916!

Join us on Facebook!