Date: 5/1/19 6:34 am
From: Richardson, Valerie via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Seagulls mobbing Bald Eagle
I live on a boat on the Quinnipiac River in Fair Haven. Early this morning, I heard some loud screeches, and a Bald Eagle swooped past my window with some seagulls in hot pursuit. I guess the eagle was after some of the gull nests. The birds were just feet from the end of my bow and right above the water. The group made a turn over the river, and the eagle went into one of the trees on Front Street. I wish I could have grabbed the camera in time. Freaked the cat out!