Date: 4/30/19 3:42 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur update
The Ground Squirrel Gazette

April 30, 2019

Highlights: FOY Black-chinned Hummingbird. Multiple Nashvilles are around. Otherwise not much change. The local Hammond’s finally allowed itself to be photographed – it and I were hiding from the north wind behind the same line of bushes. Various pics on my eBird lists.

Tomorrow May begins with a wind shift into the southwest and starts a week of climbing temperatures, clear skies and minimal wind, which should result in a good push of migrants going into the weekend. My guess is that Thursday morning will be the first big change. May also kicks off vagrant season, which peaks between about May 20 and June 15 but can offer delights at any time.

We have set up a dripper and bird bath in the closed area across from the museum, easily visible from the turista zone. It also has the cardinal virtue of being visible from my kitchen window….

I have been asked if I am guiding people around either on work days or off days. No.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

TEMPORARY ADDRESS: