Date: 4/30/19 11:27 am
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Black-necked Stilt, Willets at Coralville Lake
At mid morning I scoped a distant BLACK-NECKED STILT from Mid-river Marina Rd. off of Hwy. 965. It was in the company of Blue-winged Teal at the edge of the very large mud flat
up reservoir. The stilt definitely has the legs to wade those waters but I was a little surprised to see it there.

Also, I scoped a distant WILLET at Sandy Beach and 3 WILLETS on shoreline mud flats just down reservoir from the Scales Pointe's boat ramp.

Shorebird numbers were modest at Hawkeye but I added a FOY Wilson's Phalarope. I'm building a list of FOYs but no more than one or two per trip.

Jim Forde
Cedar Rapids