Date: 4/29/19 6:22 pm
From: Doug & Nina Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Hamilton Co. birds
On the way from Ogden to Hampton this morning, I stopped for a 1/2 hour
bird hike at Brandrup's Timber (county conservation area), a few miles
north of Webster City. Within a 2-minute walk from the parking area into
the edge of nearby woods, I started seeing *Blue-gray Gnatcatchers* (FOY)
everywhere in the branches, plus almost countless numbers of *Ruby-crowned
Kinglets*. Another FOY was a *Black-and-white Warbler. *There were also a
couple of *Orange-crowned Warblers*, a *Swainson's Thrush*, several *Wild
Turkeys* and some other small birds flitting out of sight. Didn't have
time to stay & keep searching for more species, but I'll bet the woods
probably had a lot of other things to see.

Doug Harr
Ogden