Date: 4/29/19 5:01 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Re: GWWA Montgomery
I had "drafted" this response, but wanted to wait a bit to see
developments. I had just gotten home after being passed on a blind
curve/hill by an idiot who might have killed himself, me, and whoever
might have been in the oncoming lane - all in an effort to save a few
minutes on his commute. As luck would have it, there was no one in
the oncoming lane. In that light, the old use of band codes vs full
names debate was a little less pressing.

Still having read Rick Borchelt's comments, I will add mine:

On 4/28/19, Edward Kirk <iekirk301...> wrote:
> What is a GWWA?

I was able to figure it out without too much thought, but we are
supposed to use full names in posts the last I heard.

So yes, tease us with the abbrev, but in the post somewhere use the
full name. It's what we agree to do and it's polite too.

Allowance, of course, for those in the field with only a cell & seeing
a super rarity...GWWA doesn't really qualify...& even those folks
should quickly follow up with a full name post when their hands stop
shaking.

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County MD
M.O.S. member, Washington [WA] Co Chapter