Date: 4/29/19 4:39 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Belts and Holms Rds, Linn county
This morning I visited Belts Rd off Gap Rd in Linn county 8 - 9:30 AM. I
walked west from the junction for most of a mile and back. I found :

3 Vesper Sparrows

1 Lincoln's Sparrow

4 Savannah Sparrows

0 Grasshopper Sparrows

8 Golden-crowned Sparrows

5 White-crowned Sparrows

1 Western Kingbird

5 Western Meadowlarks

2 Spotted Towhees

However, at the western end of my ramble I spotted a sparrow in a bush 30
yds away and got my scope on it. It was a Savannah Sparrow. But I couldn't
hear it. I could watch it sing and hear nothing. That may say something
about my lack of finding a Grasshopper Sparrow.

Later I visited Holmes Dr, a bit further north off Gap Rd. At the third
power pole east of the lone house, with a red nest box, I found a good bird
in the hedgerow.

1 Ash-throated Flycatcher

Good birding, everyone,

Paul Sullivan