Date: 4/29/19 4:28 pm
From: Tim via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] 2 American Bittern flyovers Middletown this morning
4/29/19–2 American Bitterns flying N just in front of my car at 7:53 am on La Rosa Lane heading towards wetland/cattail marsh between La Rosa and Mile Lane. Much larger than Green Herons. Not as stocky as night-herons. Faster wing beats and longer bills than night-herons. Streaked white and brown below, including neck. I searched the marsh after work and could not find them. Could have possibly gone to nearby Cromwell Meadows. Sorry for the delayed report-I was late to work and then had an all day meeting.

Tim Antanaitis
Portland

Sent from my iPhone