Date: 4/29/19 1:51 pm
From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage...>
Subject: [obol] Coos shorebirds
It has been one of the best weekends for shorebird migration in a long
time, and today was the cream of the crop.   We were at New River all
morning and had spectacular numbers of mostly peeps moving north up the
river and beach.    At one point we had 20,000 on the mudflats.   Our
count for the day without including Bandon Marsh was 77,000.    Bandon
Marsh appeared to have about 15-20,000 birds this afternoon - we did not
stay long or do a real count there.    This certainly was our second
best day in 23 years out there.    We are both gobsmacked and
bewildered.   We giggled, laughed, and had tears of joy.    Truly one of
nature's amazing events.    There are birds all over Bandon......flying
over homes, thru backyards......just awesome.

If I post some videos we took I will let you know.

cheers

Dave Lauten and Kathy Castelein

Bandon OR

POST: Send your post to <obol...>