Date: 4/28/19 6:02 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur update
The Ground Squirrel Gazette

April 28, 2019

A chilly day with a north wind stalled movement a bit, though bunting numbers were up. By afternoon two Dusky and one Gray Flycatcher were wandering HQ, a good time for comparisons, though Gray cheats by constantly dropping its tail like a fibbee. We expect movement to pick up by Tuesday as the weather changes again.

We suspected that the GHOs nested in a topped snag west of the HQ building. We were right and the young are now visible. When you are in this area, keep back from this unusually accessible nest.

Egrets and nigh-herons are coming in, as are Forster’s Terns. They are called nigh-herons because you know they are nearby but you can’t see them. Why not? It’s dark !
Bald Eagles at P Ranch and Sodhouse have hatched young in the nest.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

TEMPORARY ADDRESS: