Date: 4/28/19 5:51 pm
From: Jay Withgott <withgott...>
Subject: [obol] apparent Gray Flycatcher at Cooper Mountain

Hi all —

An apparent Gray Flycatcher was at Cooper Mountain Nature Park in Beaverton today. We were NOT able to get a good view of the bird, but I feel pretty confident based on what we heard. Full story here:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55533941 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55533941>

And way-old news by now, but on a non-birding trip to the coast (Oceanside) back on the 23rd, it was hard not to notice the northward migration close to shore. In just a couple of hours we had 3,000 shorebirds of 8 species, and 2600 geese, most or nearly all White-fronts. The Puffins were flying to & fro from Three Arch Rocks. List here:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55324089 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55324089>

Jay Withgott
Portland

Join us on Facebook!