Date: 4/28/19 5:30 pm
From: Scott Young <wsyacy...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Machine learning / Artificial intelligence for Bird Identification
Just some food for thought, but I find myself using Merlin Bird ID quite a bit as it has improved by leaps and bounds over the past couple of years.

What do we do when the artificial intelligence for pattern recognition exceeds our own (or the regional editors')! It draws upon hundreds or thousands of examples and we have no idea what the machine learning is using to draw its conclusions. Just be grateful?

BTW, where is the analogous application for bird sounds at the same level of expertise?

Scott Young
Gaithersburg, MD