Date: 4/28/19 5:13 pm
From: DAVID KOCH <0000012d74227426-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Hummingbird comments, others, Koch property, Northampton County
I have seen adult male ruby-throated hummingbirds every day except one since the 18th.  This is unusual for me but perhaps it's just a question of them being more visible this year than previously. Or possibly there are other reasons.  I can say for sure that there have been three different ones, and they were all here alone except for the last two days. The one that's been around for the last 4 days is now acting territorial, and yesterday and tonight he had competition from another adult male. I have not as yet seen a female. Other birds of note:  white-throated and white-crowned sparrows, a Baltimore oriole, catbirds, a few purple finches, and both male and female rose-breasted grosbeaks. All of these sightings have come from the yard/feeder area because I'm currently avoiding looking for warbs in the woods. Right now we're dealing with bears again.
Arlene Koch Easton, PA Northampton County <davilene...>

Join us on Facebook!