Date: 4/28/19 1:12 pm
From: John Weeks via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Granby, 4/28 - H.A.S. Spring Census highlights
On Day 2 of the Hartford Audubon Society’s Spring Census, we ran across several FOY arrivals: Wood Thrush,
Yellow Warbler, Ovenbird, Gray Catbird and BROWN THRASHER.

The three male Ring-necked Ducks found yesterday on Three Corner Pond (Canton Rd) were still present this morning. A Kestrel harassed a Cooper’s Hawk at Holcomb Farm, where a Broad-winged Hawk soared almost impossibly high. Two Juncos lingered in our backyard. Two Palm Warblers kept strangely high in the treetops along Dismal Brook. Eight Wild Turkeys, four hens and four cocks (one displaying), grazed in a field on Simsbury Rd.

John Weeks
Chris Chinni
North Granby