Date: 4/28/19 10:52 am
From: Aidan Kiley via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Kentucky update/reminders
The Kentucky has been showing well for most of the day, as others have
described. As I have seen and heard, birders are being respectful and not
harassing the bird by tapes or other measures. Please continue to do that
and we will all be able to enjoy the bird! Playback or even pishing isn’t
even necessary. Waiting patiently and listening for the chip note or the
song and looking for movement is the way to go.

Also, if you are an eBird user, please use the HOTSPOT called “Lake
Mohegan”. Using personal pins clouds up the range maps with unnecessary
clutter. I encourage you to change your checklist location to the hotspot
if you submitted a checklist with a personal pin. On the top of your
checklist, you will see a button for Edit Location. The hotspot allows for
all birders’ data to be visible in one place.

Glad the bird has been sticking around for others to enjoy!

Aidan Kiley
Fairfield