Date: 4/27/19 3:11 pm
From: John Weeks via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Granby: Hartford Audubon Spring Census - first day
Despite the pouring rain early on and the intermittent showers all day long, our spring census got off to an excellent start. While the first day’s total (56 species) was not a record, it included some nice surprises.

Highlights were:
Wood Duck (1 male)
Hooded Mergansers (4 females)
Ring-necked Ducks (3 males; our first-ever RNDU during the Census)
Ruby-throated Hummingbird (male; FOY)
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (excavating a possible nest hole in a tree in our backyard)
American Kestrels (pair)
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Winter Wrens (3 singing birds)
Black-throated Blue Warbler (singing male)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Dark-eyed Juncos (2, tough to get in Granby by this date)
Purple Finches (up to 8 at one time on our feeders)

John Weeks
Chris Chinni
North Granby