Date: 4/27/19 2:33 pm
From: Jack Solomon <00000003433c95af-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Blue-winged Warbler -- Frick Park -- Apr 27, 2019 Allegheny County
In addition to the Birds Dan listed for today's Three Rivers Birding Club walk at Frick Park, other parts of the group saw or heard eight additional species:
Warbling Vireo
Empidonax Flycatcher sp.
Yellow-throated Vireo
Palm Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
Northern Flicker
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Baltimore Oriole

My sighting of the day occurred as I backed up to get a better look at a bird high overhead. The man beside me said, "Don't back up any further or you'll step on the snake." A few inches from my boot a black rat snake, Pantherophis obsoletus, was stretched out, all shiny and beautiful. It must have recently shed its skin. It glistened in the light.

Jack Solomon
Allegheny County

Join us on Facebook!