Date: 4/27/19 12:12 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] A bird photographer's cautionary tale
On 4/27/19, David Gibson <20cabot...> wrote:
> ................................................................After I had written the above,
> someone responded and took me to task for "acting like a predator." This is
> a tough pill to swallow, but it turns out that she was probably right. And
> someone else has since reminded me that "it’s especially important during
> breeding season to give even more space to nature’s families."

I've got to add my own mea culpa...

I wrote in response to this thread that some time ago I had chanced
upon a scene of an adult leading a bunch of hatchling Killdeer across
a cemetery and that I couldn't resist briefly picking up one of the
babies b4 almost immediately setting it back down to join its
siblings. Obviously, I should have resisted the impulse and would
resist now as age has come with a bit of wisdom...

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County MD
M.O.S. member, Washington [WA] Co Chapter