Date: 4/25/19 4:53 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] 4/25 Western Kingbird, Black bellied Plover, FOY Hermit Warbler Salem area
I wanted to bird the Detroit Flats area, this being the time for odd
Flycatchers and others. Just so you know, birding there is very limited
right now. Detroit is doing a lot of work and Detroit Flats is closed, you
could walk in from town but I cannot walk that far anymore. They are
building picnic tables, bike paths, all kinds of stuff and some underground
big pipes.

Besides that the two main places to bird on the way to Detroit are closed
as well, NSantiam SP and FishBend SP, where they did some logging recently..

I will tell you what I did see today:

A WESTERN KINGBIRD at Sunnyview and 117th Street, east of Salem.
HERMIT WARBLER singing while I was stopped for road work by Detroit Lake
I heard a TOWNSENDS SOLITAIRE at 2 miles up FR 2225
12 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS were by Duckflat Road south of Turner
I encountered a flock of RUBY CROWNED KINGLETS along FR 2225 feeding is
alders, calling in their lackluster halfhearted calls and songs there were
20 or more

Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!