Date: 4/25/19 4:41 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur update
The Ground Squirrel Gazette

April 25, 2019

A work day so I was limited to the HQ deck, but that resulted in 51 species, by far the highest since I got here. New arrivals: Lewis’s Woodpecker, Lazuli Bunting (seen by two groups but not by me), Townsend’s Warbler, Forster’s Tern.

Most of the White-crowned Sparrows are gone. Warbler and vireo numbers still small except for rumps. I saw no tanagers or Warbling Vireos today but they are no doubt still happening.

One Rough-leg continues north of HQ, where Short-ears are hunting in daylight in the morning and late afternoon.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

TEMPORARY ADDRESS: