Date: 4/25/19 11:52 am
From: Patrick Comins via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Migration Madness Coming Up
I hope that many of you will consider participating in Migration Madness this year, May 17-19. Three days dedicated to highlighting the excitement of bird migraiton in Connecticut and helping to raise money for bird conservation. Please see below for links and more information. Thank you!

Is Migration Madness on your calendar yet?

Connecticut Audubon's second annual Migration Madness Big Weekend, May 17-19.

What is Migration Madness?
It's a family-oriented weekend of birding and bird-related programs throughout Connecticut, highlighted by Birdathon 2019. Click https://www.ctaudubon.org/migration-madness-schedule/?bblinkid=153262820&bbemailid=13321298&bbejrid=1020104247 for the full schedule.

What is the Birdathon?
It's is a fun and friendly competition to see as many species of birds as possible over the weekend. You can bird anywhere in Connecticut you want and for as long as you want.

All skill levels are welcome. Whether you find 10 birds or 110 birds, you're invited! Participants will receive a Migration Madness t-shirt and an invitation to an informal celebration dinner on Sunday at the Milford Point Coastal Center.

To sign up for the Birdathon! http://migrationmadness.ctaudubon.org/?bblinkid=153262821&bbemailid=13321298&bbejrid=1020104247

Click for the Birdathon FAQ page. https://www.ctaudubon.org/migration-birdathon-faq/?bblinkid=153262822&bbemailid=13321298&bbejrid=1020104247

What does the Birdathon support?
Conservation work and education at the Connecticut Audubon centers and sanctuaries near you (you can choose which center your participation supports!). Projects such as Osprey Nation and our shorebird protection work. And lots more.

To learn more about the conservation work your participation will help. https://www.ctaudubon.org/migration-your-pledge-supports/?bblinkid=153262823&bbemailid=13321298&bbejrid=1020104247

To see the great prizes we're offering for Birdathon participants. https://www.ctaudubon.org/2019/04/birdathon-2019-award-categories-and-prizes/?bblinkid=153262824&bbemailid=13321298&bbejrid=1020104247

What if I don't want to watch birds that weekend but still want to participate?
There will be plenty for you to do!

We have 30 programs and events: bird banding, raptor demonstrations, birdwalks, games, art exhibitions, and a special Thursday lecture.

Choose your Connecticut Audubon center: Fairfield, Birdcraft, the Coastal Center at Milford Point, Roger Tory Peterson Estuary Center in Old Lyme, Glastonbury, Pomfret, Deer Pond Farm in Sherman.

All events are free or reasonably priced.

Thank you!

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Executive Director, The Connecticut Audubon Society

314 Unquowa Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
203-259-0416 x107