Date: 4/24/19 9:11 pm
From: Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Shorebird Movement
Shorebird movement through Lincoln County increased this afternoon. I spent about an hour on the beach at Sandpiper Village just north of Waldport and passing flocks were more frequent and larger that I observed this morning. As Tim said the wind was blowing like a Banshee from the NW and the birds were down on the deck. Unlike this morning some flocks were landing and feeding briefly before moving on. Altogether more than 2,500 birds passed by in an hour. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary but a flock of 30 black-bellied plovers was nice. It was interesting watching flocks of brant, Aleutian cackling geese, and green-wing teal struggle in the wind. My photographic endeavors were mostly for naught in the challenging conditions but I’ve attached a few shots.

Roy