Date: 4/24/19 3:35 pm
From: Nature's Coast Oregon <info...>
Subject: [obol] White-Throated Sparrows
Inspired by recent posts about white-throated sparrows, I thought I
might mention a protracted predilection I’ve noticed by the WTS in my
back yard to graze (for the seeds I sprinkle about) apart from other
birds, which not surprisingly gravitate to where I put the seeds. By
contrast, the WTS seems to distinctly prefer to scratch among the
blooms of same-colored chamomile, where seeds number few if any. Does
he just like the color? It’s probably purely coincidence, but
observing this perceived pattern repeat over the last few days has at
least made for some pretty photos, if anyone is interested.

https://naturescoast.org/content/birds/my-favorite-sparrow/

Howard Shippey
South Beach

Join us on Facebook!