Date: 4/24/19 8:46 am
From: John D Babington via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Louisiana Waterthrushes, Steep Rock Preserve, Washington, CT
Had two Louisiana Waterthrushes singing on territories on the Shepaug River in the Steep Rock Preserve this morning. The first one, which I was able to see, was around the area of the Ferry Bridge over the Shepaug River by the riding ring parking area but on the west side of the river. The other, which I heard but did not see, was on the trail on the west side of river below the subject bridge. This tail is the old railroad bed of the Shepaug Railroad. The birds were in the same areas I seen/heard Louisiana  Waterthrushes just about every year for years now.
David W BabingtonWashington, CT