Date: 4/23/19 7:26 pm
From: Glenn Williams via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Barn Island 4/23 evening
Nothing too eventful but I did have a drake BLUE-WINGED TEAL in the canal at the fourth impoundment. Expected timely arrivals or migrants included Willets, Seaside Sparrows, Marsh Wren, and Least Sandpipers.  I had a female American Woodcock doing a distraction display in the woods beyond the fourth impoundment. With all of dog traffic at Barn Island, I hope the nest has a chance, presuming the nest is near the trail where it was displaying.

Glenn Williams
Mystic