Date: 4/23/19 6:24 pm
From: Ted Nichols II <tanicholsii...>
Subject: Re: Ruff (Reeve) in Lebanon County
Ruff Sunset Update: Jonathan Heller & several others were unable to
relocate the Ruff (Reeve) w/ the remaining light. He noted there were areas
they could not see & birds were really shuffling around with several large
Yellowlegs flocks coming & going. Most PA spring records appear to be one
day deals, but maybe the bird will be refound, people will be relooking in
the AM.

-Ted

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 18:45 Ted Nichols II <tanicholsii...> wrote:

> Forgive any bad grammar in this, I’m dictating, but want to get word out
> ASAP... There is a female Ruff (Reeve) at the Balmer Farm Ponds in Lebanon
> County near Reistville where 2 Cattle Egret are also currently present. The
> Reeve was on the far back pond where the green winged teal are. I found it
> at 6:08pm sitting up on the grassy hillside and went to get my phone off
> the charger to take a picture and it took flight when a loud truck went by.
> I have to go to a 7pm meeting in Lancaster otherwise I would stay and
> attempt to relocate but have to leave. Dark blotchy chest (and sides of
> chest which first stood out to me when scanning in comparison to
> Yellowlegs), bill shorter than yellowlegs but longer than sandpiper bull
> and more orange legs than the nearby yellowlegs. Both greater and lesser
> Yellowlegs are present as well as several pectoral sandpipers. Jonathan
> Heller is headed over now to relocate.
>

> -Ted Nichols

Join us on Facebook!