Date: 4/23/19 3:45 pm
From: Ted Nichols II <tanicholsii...>
Subject: Ruff (Reeve) in Lebanon County
Forgive any bad grammar in this, I’m dictating, but want to get word out
ASAP... There is a female Ruff (Reeve) at the Balmer Farm Ponds in Lebanon
County near Reistville where 2 Cattle Egret are also currently present. The
Reeve was on the far back pond where the green winged teal are. I found it
at 6:08pm sitting up on the grassy hillside and went to get my phone off
the charger to take a picture and it took flight when a loud truck went by.
I have to go to a 7pm meeting in Lancaster otherwise I would stay and
attempt to relocate but have to leave. Dark blotchy chest (and sides of
chest which first stood out to me when scanning in comparison to
Yellowlegs), bill shorter than yellowlegs but longer than sandpiper bull
and more orange legs than the nearby yellowlegs. Both greater and lesser
Yellowlegs are present as well as several pectoral sandpipers. Jonathan
Heller is headed over now to relocate.

-Ted Nichols

Join us on Facebook!