Date: 4/23/19 3:32 pm
From: David Irons <llsdirons...>
Subject: [obol] Re: White-Fronted Geese
Bruce,

If you continue watching I suspect that you’ll see several more flocks. I once spent about an hour at the same vantage point in the hills SW of Eugene and watched flock after flock pass high overhead all on basically the same SE to NW heading. The average group size ranged from about 300-600 birds. In all I had about 7000 birds that day (in roughly an hour). The migration window for Greater White-fronted Geese tends to be fairly compressed. When conditions are right they can be seen and heard going over all day and night.

Dave Irons
Beaverton, OR

Sent from my iPhone