Date: 4/23/19 2:35 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Corvallis singing White-thr Sparrow, Fox Sparrow
As people occasionally mention, the whistled song of Black-capped Chickadee
in the Puget/Willamette Trough is unlike B-c Chickadees elsewhere in North
America. Up until two years ago l never considered White-throated Sparrow
when listening to spring bird song in Oregon. Then the leader of one of the
birdsong walks in Portland posted that a White-throated Sparrow was heard
singing at Oaks Bottom. I then realized that what l dismissed as B-c
Chickadee in the overgrown backyard next door to my work at Brooklyn Park
was in fact a White-throated Sparrow.