Date: 4/23/19 12:56 pm
From: Ryan Shackleton <shack357...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Ruddy ducks
Drove to Colwell looking for yesterday's pelicans. They were gone but found myself heading out north of Elma to Lylah's Marsh. The eagles are still nesting(first time I've checked since winter) and look like they have young. Also saw several ruddy ducks on the pond mixed in with the geese. Common bird but these were the first drake ruddys I have seen in breeding plumage. Any day with a first is a good one.
Ryan Shackleton
Alta Vista,IA
Chickasaw County