Date: 4/23/19 12:36 pm
From: Noah Strycker <noah.strycker...>
Subject: [obol] Fern Ridge Cattle Egret 4/23
Hi birders,

There is an apparent CATTLE EGRET this morning near the Hwy 126 viewing platform in the Fisher Unit of Fern Ridge Wildlife Area (west of Eugene), hanging out with several Great Egrets in the wetlands north and west of the platform. It seems to have a slight buffy wash on the head and back, and is otherwise obviously much smaller and stockier than the Great Egrets, though I mainly saw the birds in flight as they foraged behind tall grasses.

Our group from the Cascades Raptor Center also enjoyed views of two SORAS, BLACK-NECKED STILTS, a BITTERN, and, at Royal Avenue, a beautiful male YELLOW WARBLER.

Good birding,
Noah

Sent from my iPhonePOST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!