Date: 4/22/19 5:51 pm
From: Beverly Propen via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] flying squirrel!
I have been trying to figure out what has been getting into my bird seed
bin, in the mudroom. A few years ago we had a flying squirrel. I put a
"have a heart trap" in mudroom with bird seed in it. But this clever
flying squirrel, managed to flip open the top of the bird seed container
and has been raiding my bird seed. I kept thinking that I left the top
open, after I filled my feeders, but I just made sure to close it. I just
came home from a meeting, and there in the bird seed container is this
adorable, big eyed flying squirrel. I guess the seed level was low, so it
couldn't jump out.
Well, I released it in the back of the yard, and it "flew" out. Still
trying to figure out where it gets in from.
But it was soooo cute!
Bev Propen, Orange