Date: 4/22/19 11:30 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Poplar Island 4/18/2019
I surveyed Poplar Island on Thursday 4/18. It was a beautiful day to be out.

eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55103619

The specialty breeders were mostly back including SNOWY EGRET, CATTLE EGRET, GLOSSY IBIS, VIRGINIA RAIL, COMMON GALLINULE, AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER, BLACK-NECKED STILT, WILLET, and SEASIDE SPARROW. There were also at least 18 Osprey nests. Unusual occurrences included a Ring-necked Duck and a Lesser Black-backed Gull.

I haven't posted my results of other censuses from winter and early spring because they were mostly consistent in terms of species/numbers, but they are all in eBird if anyone wants to look.

Tim Carney
Parkville/Towson, MD