Date: 4/22/19 9:58 am
From: Dave Brooke <davbrooke...>
Subject: Virginia Rail, Glade Run Lake, Butler Co
After a slow start this morning I got a lifer in a pair of Virginia Rails
doing a 'grunt duet' and after standing motionless for at least 15 minutes
one walked out in front of me about 10' away. The photos in my report were
shot with my Canon 100-400mm at 248mm. Other highlights were a group of 7
Yellow-rumped warbers moving together with several Ruby-crowned Kingles in
the same patch. FOY 2 Green Herons flying low up the lake, likely spooked
by a fisherman's kayak, and an Osprey fly-by carrying a bull frog in it's
talons.

Glade Run Lake, Butler, Pennsylvania, US
Apr 22, 2019 7:46 AM - 11:16 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.867 mile(s)
32 species