Date: 4/21/19 4:41 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur update
The Ground Squirrel Gazette

April 21, 2019

Mosquito Index: 1 (scale of 10). One bit me INSIDE the HQ today, which seemed unreasonable for the date.

Highlights: New arrivals were House Wren found by Don Powers’ George Fox U bird class (a pretty sharp bunch) and a Chipping Sparrow that Diana Byrne and I came across by the HQ. Three Horned Grebes on Marshall Pond all day were nice; that is a missable bird here. Nashville found by the GFU class. WT Sparrow continues. Short-ears have been present late afternoons north and nw of HQ.

Major influx of Yellow-rumps was obvious after the temperature got above 55 and the bugs came out. My morning estimate was maybe 20 or so – this afternoon there were probably more than 50.

Weather should be nice for the coming week. I have the next three days off from docent duty and will get out into the refuge and as far south as Roaring Springs.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

TEMPORARY ADDRESS: