Date: 4/21/19 12:18 pm
From: Range Bayer <range.bayer...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: [LCBNO] Horned Puffin (dead) and big Whimbrel flock [150] near Ona Beach [Lincoln Co.]
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Walt and Rebecca <nelsoncheek...> [LCBNO]
<LCBNO-noreply...>
Date: Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 10:51 AM
Subject: [LCBNO] Horned Puffin (dead) and big Whimbrel flock near Ona Beach
To: Lincoln Co. Birding & Nature Observing <LCBNO...>

This morning we found a dead Horned Puffin located about halfway
between the 148th St crossover and the creek mouth at Ona Beach
(roughly 6 miles south of Newport). It was up at the high tide line
near the base of the dunes; appears to be an adult in non-breeding
plumage. We got photos but don’t have an online place to post. Left it
in place but with the high tide cycle and the scavengers it may not
stay there long.

Also saw a big aggregation of at least 150 Whimbrels resting and
feeding down near the water’s edge a little ways north of the 148th St
crossover. A few flocks of (unidentified) small shorebirds also flew
past.

Rebecca Cheek
Walt Nelson
POST: Send your post to <obol...>