Date: 4/21/19 9:07 am
From: Alicia <tess...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Fwd: Yellow Throated Warbler at South End of Lake Trail at Sampson SP, Seneca Cty
Dave Kennedy reports that at 8:40 this morning, there was a
yellow-throated warbler feeding just inside the gate to the Sampson
Lakeshore Trail next to the parking lot just north of Willard Town Park.
8:40 a.m. cayugaBirds rejected his email so he asked me to post it, but
unfortunately, I just got that message, which he sent to me at 9:30 -
apologies to all for the delay.

I'm a little confused actually about what happened when Dave sent the
message to CayugaBirds.  It showed up in my email so I went over to the
Lakeshore Trail and hunted for the YT Warbler between 9:20-10:20. Didn't
conclusively refind it although got a tantalizing glimpse of a warbler
that had a gray back and white on its wing (did not see the head or
breast), and what seemed like an appropriate chip note, just opposite
the southernmost bench at ~10:10.  I had been chasing the chip sounds
for a few minutes but it flew east before I got more than that glimpse.
At 10:20 Jay McGowan & Livia Santana were looking, perhaps they'll have
an update?

Alicia

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/