Date: 4/19/19 8:45 am
From: John D Babington via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] The late great Pete Bacinski
I have fond memories of Pete Bacinski. When I lived in NJ I took a Winter trip to Sandy Hook with a NJ birding buddy. We came upon Pete, beaming, on the shore line with large boulders. He pointed out to us in the water an Iceland Gull and Glaucous Gull. My other memory of Pete was on a July trip he led to Montana for NJ Audubon, which was for poor Pete was a logistical nightmare. I was amazed at his birding skill especially his hearing ability,  We were in Glacier National Park when Pete paused and said White-winged Crossbill. Pete was pleased by this find as it was bird researchers in Montana were looking for at the time.
David W BabingtonWashington, CT