Date: 4/12/19 11:44 am
From: James Purcell via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Many Lesser Black-backeds Southport?
I’m at Southport beach right now, and although there are no sign of any Bonaparte’s, I’m currently looking at what appears to be no less than 13 adult Lesser Black-backed Gulls.

This seems like an incredibly high number to me and I’m wondering if people have had this before.

They are all dark-mantled, but not black much smaller than the Great Black-backed Gulls next to them, and have bright yellow legs.

James Purcell
Fairfield

Sent from my iPhone