Date: 4/10/19 1:20 pm
From: Beverly Propen via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Wild turkeys in my yard
4/10, Orange. I have had from 5-35 Wild turkeys in my yard throughout
the winter.
Now numbers have dwindled to 2 Tom turkeys and about 4-5 hens.
This morning the tom turkey was in the center of my backyard by himself.
He was fanned out, feathers shaking, his wattle was first bluish, then
turned red and then turned blue again and he was stomping his feet! So
fascinating to watch this display. This afternoon, he was back again, with
another Tom and 4 hens. The hens didn't seem too interested but, again, he
was fanned out, strutting his stuff.
The flock meanders throughout the neighborhood.
Bev Propen, Orange