Date: 4/10/19 1:14 pm
From: Jamie Meyers via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Female RB Grosbeak
Stranger things have happened, but it is generally about three weeks early for that species in Connecticut. Be sure to rule out female Purple Finch. I have often noticed a movement of that species around this time of the year in northwestern Connecticut. I have also seen a couple of photos in various places online of birds that were reported as Rose breasted Grosbeaks that turned out to be female purple finches. Size of the bird aside, there are definite similarities between the two.

Jamie Meyers
Canton

Sent from my iPhone, likely using voice to text technology that needs refinement. Please forgive any grammatical misadventures.