Date: 4/8/19 10:18 am
From: Paul Plotnick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Black Bird ID
Sometimes we don't look carefully enough. Walking back to my car at Celery
Fields in Sarasota, I saw a black bird sitting on the fence in front of my
car. Something about it didn't look "right" - the tail was too short for
the usual Grackle. I managed to get one quick snapshot before it flew out
of sight. Once in the computer, I saw a pair of red eyes staring out at me.
It was an extra-limit Bronzed Cowbird, a Florida first for me. Moral -
don't assume you're seeing the usual suspect. Check and check again-and try
to get a picture.