Date: 4/5/19 12:34 pm
From: Beverly Propen via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Indian Lake- Orange
4/5, A brief stop at Indian Lake (residential area) in orange, as it began
to rain & snow a bit...
I will check outThe Canada Goose with yellow neck band HO38 . 1 Phoebe
on the fence, 2 Mourning doves, 1 Blue Jay, a pair of Wood ducks, 2
American Crows, 9 Mallards, -along with 2 probable female mallards,
although they were definitely different.
These two ducks had dark beaks, brownish head and neck with light tan
bodies. Since they were following a male mallard, I assume they are
mallards, and they didn't match any pictures I looked up of other female
ducks, but they are definitely different from other female mallards I have
seen.
Bev Propen, Orange