Date: 4/4/19 10:47 am From: Scott Kruitbosch via CTBirds <ctbirds...> Subject: [CT Birds] 2019 AAfCW string fencing - help needed!
The 2019 Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds spring string fencing dates are below, and we would greatly appreciate anyone who can come out to help us!
* Milford Point (McKinney NWR) - Wednesday, April 10th, 9:00am, meet in the Connecticut Audubon Society Coastal Center parking lot, 1 Milford Point Road. Please email <shaun_roche...><mailto:<shaun_roche...> to RSVP. Rain date April 11th.
* Griswold Point, Old Lyme - Thursday, April 11th, 9:00am, meet at the I-95 exit 70 commuter lot at 8:45am to carpool. Please email <dgumbart...><mailto:<dgumbart...> to RSVP. Rain date April 12th.
* Long Beach, Stratford – Sunday, April 14th, 10:00am, rain date April 15th.
* Sandy/Morse Points, West Haven - Wednesday, April 17th, 1:00pm, rain date April 19th.
* Bluff Point State Park, Groton - Tuesday, April 23rd, 10:00am, rain date April 24th.
Remember that any and all volunteers are welcome including those who are not monitors. Volunteers should bring: work gloves, water, a snack, appropriate footwear, sunscreen, sunglasses, hats and whatever else you may need avoid too much sun. These locations can either be quite cool or very warm depending on the day so dress for any weather. A pocket knife or multi-tool can be handy and a sledge hammer or mallet can be helpful to bring. Plan for heavy lifting and toting, but be mindful of your safety. Less intensive work needed includes stringing posts and putting up signs. Please email us at <ctwaterbirds...><mailto:<ctwaterbirds...> if you can make it to Long Beach, Sandy/Morse, or Bluff Point, and thank you!