Date: 4/2/19 5:02 pm
From: CAROLYN JOHNS via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] ID Help with Hawk in Yard

Hello friends,  Maybe someone can help me with this new hawk in my yard.
It often sits on the limb of a tree only a few feet away from a pole feeder.  The feeder is obviously far enough away to keep the squirrels from jumping onto it, but close enough for me to have a clear view from my kitchen window.  It is frequented by small yard birds, doves, and squirrels and voles on the ground below.
There is some evidence of the ground being dug up around the vole mounds.
The hawk is small, my guess is that it may be the size of a
Coopers hawk or a Falcon.  I have had good looks both front and back… but it flies before I can take a photograph.  It has an unstreaked  grey back, a black “comma” on the side of the head, and what appears to be a clear white breast.    I am stumped…Not many hawks have a clear white breast.   Could it be a peregrine falcon.???

Thanks in advance for any hints….

Carolyn Johns
Guilford

Sent from Mail for Windows 10